Is the governing authority within Tłı̨chǫ Lands. The Tłı̨chǫ Government has the power to pass laws, enforce its own laws, delegate its powers and authority, and establish structure of Tłı̨chǫ Government and its internal management. The powers and authority of the Tłı̨chǫ Government includes the following, to name a few:
- Use, manage, administration and protection of Tłı̨chǫ lands and renewable and non-renewable resources
- Land use plan for Tłı̨chǫ Lands
- Managing and harvesting of fish and wildlife on Tłı̨chǫ lands
- Create new offices, entities and institutions
- Management of rights and benefits provided under the Tłı̨chǫ Agreement
Tłı̨chǫ Government Departments
The head office for the Tłı̨chǫ Government is located in Behchokǫ̀, the largest of the Tłı̨chǫ Communities. There are a number of Directors, who are responsible for the day to day operations of the Tłı̨chǫ Government. There are over forty staff working for the Tłı̨chǫ Government in the four Communities.
Departments / Sections:
- Client Services
- Community Programs
- Community Directors
- Corporate Services
- Culture and Lands Protection
Please email info[at]tlicho[dot]com for more information.