252020 Behchokǫ̀ Beautification Contest
05Employment Opportunity - Executive Assistant
05Employment Opportunity - Clerk/ Receptionist
05Feeding of the Fire Behchokǫ̀
05Application Deadline - NIB Trust Fund
Application Deadline - NIB Trust Fund
The NIB Trust Fund is accepting applications from First Nation and Metis individuals to support education programs aimed at healing, reconciliaton and knowledge building.
All First Nations and Metis citizens over the age of 18 and with a valid social insurance number are eligible for funding through a competitive application process. Priority will be given to former students of residential schools and their family members.
- Scholarship for post-secondary education - Only online applications will be accepted
- Bursary for training/certification - Only online applications will be accepted
- Award for cultural/traditional/language knowledge building - We will accept online applications, or you can download the application form and send by email or mail
Please note: We will not accept handwritten applications or applications by fax.
For more information, please contact the National Indian Brotherhood Trust Fund Directly.
Toll Free: 1-888-268-0520
06National Health and Fitness Day
08Whatì Council Meeting
10Application Deadline - Foraging Internship
21Indigenous Peoples Day
26Employment Opportunity - Staff and Program Manager
30Application Deadline - SFA GNWT
Application Deadline - SFA GNWT
The deadline to apply for Student Financial Assistance is June 30.
- Get your application in now!
- You don't need to have received your acceptance to a post-secondary institution yet in order to apply for funding.
Information from SFA:
- Apply Online - If this is your first time applying online, you will have to submit a request for a Web Access Code. Once the Web Access Code has been issued, you can sign up for a MyECE account and submit your application online. If you have previously applied online, simply log on to your MyECE account.
Request a Call Back
- First time students, students that do not have reliable access to internet or students requiring assistance in completing their applications, can request a call back from a SFA staff member. By choosing this option, you can request and receive a call back from a SFA staff member who will assist you in completing your application and answer any questions or concerns you may have about the SFA program.
- To request a call back, please visit here or you can call 1-800-661-0793 to set up an appointment.
- Staff will continue to accept paper applications by fax, mail or email.
- Contact information, visit website here https://www.ece.gov.nt.ca/en/services/student-financial-assistance/contact
- Call 1-800-661-0793
- Emai firstname.lastname@example.org.
06Whatì Council Meeting
15Application Deadline - UCEP Funding
Application Deadline - UCEP Funding
UCEP funding in-take dates for Fall begins May 15th and the deadline is July 15th.
To be eligible to receive UCEP benefits, you must:
- Apply by the deadline
- Be a status Indian resident of the NWT
- Be **accepted for and attending the UCEP program at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution** and receive letter of acceptance from the education institute you have applied to
- Have not received the maximum four semesters of UCEP
- Have not previously defaulted on UCEP funding (withdrawal before semester ends)
- Be able to get all the upgrading you need within two years (or four semesters)
- Submit your confirmation of enrolment, complete with signature from the education institution you are enrolled in
Please note: Adult Basic Education courses and high school equivalency programs are not eligible for UCEP funding. You must have your grade 12.
Download the UCEP Application here: UCEP Application - NWT Residents (2).pdf