Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road - Ice Road Weight Increase
The Whatì Winter Road is open to 50,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
The Gamètì Winter Road is open to 44,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
The Wekweètì Winter Road is now open to 18,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight:
- Please watch for a short section of single lane traffic at Portage 229 (Km 193 area);
- Watch for overflow areas on portages 225 and 226 (between Km 122 and 124).
All North Slave Tłı̨chǫ Winter Roads:
- Commercial fuel re-supply to the Communities of Whatì and Gamètì is underway and anticipated continue for the few weeks.
- Please use extra caution when traveling on Portages;
- Please be patient when meeting heavy transport trucks, and give them as much room as possible.
- Please watch for rough areas on portages and lakes; slow down when meeting oncoming traffic;
- Watch and slow down for construction and maintenance equipment working along all sections of the winter road;
- Please note the maximum speed limit throughout the Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road system is 50 Km/h;
- Maximum speed limit for commercial loads on all water bodies is 30 Km/h;
- All commercial traffic is requested to call Portage numbers on Public channel Ladd 1.
Please use caution on all NWT Winter Roads.