Tłı̨chǫ Government Supports to Behchokǫ̀ evacuees
Last updated: Friday, July 28 at 4:00 p.m.
YELLOWKNIFE, NT - The Tłı̨chǫ Government is working hard to support its citizens who have been forced to evacuate from their homes in Behchokǫ̀. The following supports are currently available to evacuees:
o Emergency accommodations are available at the Yellowknife Multiplex.
o Billets in Yellowknife, Whatì, Hay River and Fort Providence will receive a $250 flat rate per household. Contact Cecilia Chocolate at 867-447-0307.
o Campers in Yellowknife are welcome to use all available services at the Multiplex.
o Tłı̨chǫ from Behchokǫ̀, Gamètì, Wekweètì and Yellowknife stranded in Edmonton will receive support for hotel rooms until Sunday, July 30th. More information will be provided as available. Contact Celine Zoe at 867-446-6614.
• Essentials including toiletries, baby formula and diapers, towels, camping gear, foamies,bedding, and some clothing are available at the Multiplex. Contact Stephanie at 867-446-6430 for more information.
• Gift Cards of $100 per person (including children):
o In Yellowknife, cards will be distributed at the Multiplex. Contact Anita at 867-447-0725.
o In Edmonton, cards will be distributed by Celine Zoe – contact her at 867-446-6614.
o In Hay River or Fort Providence, similar support will be provided. Contact Tammy Steinwand-Deschambeault at 867-445-5496.
o In Whatì, similar support will be provided. Contact Debbie Simpson at 867 445 5021
• Food for all evacuees in Yellowknife is being provided by the GNWT at the Multiplex during the following hours:
o Breakfast 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
o Lunch 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
o Dinner: 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
o BBQs available
o Snacks are available until 9:30 p.m.
• Supports including recreational activities, mental and physical health support, community activities, and children's activities and toys are available at the Multiplex.
• Mental health support is being offered to evacuees by Tłı̨chǫ Government Counselor Cody Erasmus out of the Hotii ts’eeda office and the Multiplex. Call Cody at 867 492 4053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org