Intergovernmental Meeting between Tłı̨chǫ Government and GNWT
YELLOWKNIFE (December 14, 2018) – Premier Bob McLeod, Minister Wally Schumann, Minister Alfred Moses, Minister Caroline Cochrane, Minister R.C. McLeod and Minister Louis Sebert met with the Tłı̨chǫ Government Grand Chief George Mackenzie, Chief Clifford Daniels, Chief David Wedawin, Chief Charlie Football, and Chief Alfonz Nitsiza in Yellowknife on Thursday, December 13th, 2018.
- Barren-ground Caribou Survey Results
- GNWT Child and Family Services and the Tłı̨chǫ Children and Families
- RCMP Detachment in Gamètì
- Support for Inmates Attending Funerals/Visiting Terminally Ill Relatives
- GNWT Legislative Development Process
- NWT Economic Symposium Follow-Up
- Arctic and Northern Policy Framework
- The Intergovernmental Memorandum of Understanding recognizes the importance of the government-to-government relationship between the Tłı̨chǫ Government and the Government of the Northwest Territories.
- The agreement commits both governments to meet at least twice per year.
- This was the eleventh meeting of the Tłı̨chǫ Government and Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) since they initially signed the Working Together: Tłı̨chǫ Government/GNWT Intergovernmental Memorandum of Understanding in June 2012 and renewed it in 2014.
Government of the Northwest Territories
867-767-9140 ext. 11091
Sr. Advisor, Sustainability and Resource Management