Youth Skills Enhancement
Client Services Department held a Youth Skills Enhancement workshop in Behchokǫ̀, NT from March 09-13, 2020. The Youth Skills Enhancement project focuses on developing skills for the youth in the following areas, Field Worker, Industrial Worker, and Retail and Service.
54 applications were received, 48 individuals were selected to participate in the training.
Youth Skills Enhancement was designed and tailored to meet the Tłı̨chǫ citizen needs. Once completed the course students will receive certificates, which include the following:
- SFA & CPR/AED
- Snowmobile Safety & operations
- Wildlife Awareness
- WHIMIS Education
- Traffic Control
- Workplace Safety
- Level 1 Chainsaw Operator
- Food safety
- Customer Service and Cashier Skills
- Babysitter course
- Resume Building and Interview Skills
- Government of Canada's Skills and Partnership Fund in Partnership.
- Supported by Client Services Department.
For more information contact:
Phoebe Ann Wetrade,
Career Coordinator, Client Services Department
PH: 867-392-6381 Ext 1312
Career Coach, Client Services Department
PH: 867-392-6381 Ext 1324