Vaccinations for Employees, Contractors & Program Pacticipants
As of December 31st, 2021, all Tłı̨chǫ Government employees, contractors, and participants in in-person training and on-the-land programs must provide proof of full vaccination. The Tłı̨chǫ Government Vaccination Mandate policy can be found in section 9.0 of the Tłı̨chǫ Government Administration Policy and Procedure (click here to read PDF).
Employees, contractors, and program participants who are not vaccinated, must receive their first shot by November 23, 2021, and their second shot by December 31, 2021. All employees, contractors, and in-person program participants must provide proof of vaccination no later than December 31, 2021. Please see the attached flow chart to help determine your next steps.
- If you believe that you are eligible for a medical or human rights accommodation, you may contact Human Resources with supporting documentation (a doctor’s note or proof that a religious doctrine clearly states Covid-19 vaccination is prohibited). Employees who receive accommodation may be required to take additional safety precautions, such as daily screening, proof of negative Covid-19 testing, and self-isolation without pay if exposed to Covid-19.
- As part of the policy, employees can take up to one day of additional paid leave to be vaccinated.
- Employees who either acknowledge they are not vaccinated or who will not share their status by December 31 are required to attend a vaccination education program and receive education on this policy.
- If, after further education, employees still refuse to comply with this policy, employees will be placed on unpaid leave and may be subject to further discipline, including possibly termination of employment.
- Employees can send their proof of vaccination to HR Manager Jannell Beadle at [email protected].
- Existing contractors must provide proof of vaccination status by December 31. New contractors must provide proof of vaccination or proof of exemption prior to any contracts being signed with Tłı̨chǫ Government. Contractors who do not comply will have their contracts terminated or will not be hired.
- Contractors can send their proof of vaccination to the staff contact person for their position.
- Program participants who do not provide proof of vaccination or proof of exemption as part of their application packages will not be eligible to participate in in-person programs.
All health and safety measures for Tlicho Government workplaces still apply, including screening, wearing a face mask and other protective equipment, and social distancing.
All information shared with Tłı̨chǫ Government Human Resources will remain confidential per existing privacy legislation and policy. For more information, please contact Human Resources Manager Jannell Beadle at [email protected].