Tłı̨chǫ Winter Roads Update
On behalf of the Regional Superintendent, please be advised of the following update:
Fuel resupply to the Community of Gamètì is now underway.
The Wekweètì̀ Winter Road remains closed until further notice.
- Maintenance crews are working diligently to reopen the road as soon as possible.
The Whatì Winter Road is open to 46,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
The Gamètì Winter Road is now open to 36,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
The Wekweètì Winter Road remains closed until further notice.
- Please watch for increased commercial traffic on all sections of the Tłįchǫ Winter Roads;
- Please watch for rough areas on the portages and lakes; slow down when meeting oncoming traffic;
- Watch for and slow down for construction and maintenance equipment working on all sections of the winter road;
- Watch for short sections of single lane traffic; and adhere to all safety signage;
- Please note the maximum speed limit throughout the Tłįchǫ Winter Road system is 50 Km/h;
- Maximum speed limit for commercial loads on all water bodies is 30 Km/h;
- All commercial traffic is requested to call Portage numbers on Public channel Lad 1
Please watch for maintenance crews working on all the Tłįchǫ Winter Road and use caution on all NWT Winter Roads.
If you have any questions, please contact acting Regional Superintendent Doug Morrison at Doug_Morrison@gov.nt.ca