Tlicho Winter Roads - Gamètì Winter Road Open
The Gamètì Winter Road is now open to 34,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
The Whatì Winter Road is now open to 40,000 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight.
- Please watch and slow down for construction and maintenance equipment working along all sections of the winter road;
- Please note the maximum speed limit throughout the Tlicho Winter Road system is 50 Km/h;
- Maximum speed limit for commercial loads on all water bodies is 30 Km/h;
- All commercial traffic is requested to call Portage numbers on Public channel Ladd 1.
The Wekweètì Winter Road remains closed to all traffic at this time.
The Department of Infrastructure will provide additional updates as soon as we are able to reopen the Wekweètì Winter road.
- We thank you for your patience and cooperation; and apologize for any inconvenience this closure may cause.
Please use caution on all NWT Winter Roads.