Tłı̨chǫ Government Award Recipients for 2016
Behchokǫ̀, NT – The 2016 Tłı̨chǫ Government Awards recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of remarkable individuals/companies/organizations to protecting, preserving and enhancing the Tłı̨chǫ Way of Life. This is the highest form of recognition Awards of the Tłı̨chǫ Government.
Chief Executive Council of the Tłįchǫ Government, have announced the 2016 recipients of the Tłı̨chǫ Government Awards. They are:
- Chief Jimmy Bruneau, of Behchokǫ̀ for Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Charlie Gon, of Gamètì, for Public Service, Politics, Law & Justice.
- Jimmy Kodzin, of Wekweètì, for Active Living & Cultural Skills.
- Jimmy Martin, of Behchokǫ̀, for Education and Health.
- Dora Nitsiza, of Whatì, Culture Heritage and Spirituality.
The Award Ceremony will take place, in each community during the Tłı̨chǫ Assembly:
- June 2, 2016 - Gamètì.
- September 29, 2016 - Wekweètì.
- December 1, 2016 - Behchokǫ̀.
- February 23, 2017 - Whatì.
2017 nomination forms are available at all Tłı̨chǫ Government offices and at www.tlicho.ca. The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Senior Community Director
Tłįchǫ Ndek'àowo / Tłįchǫ Government
Phone: (867) 766-4003