PUBLIC NOTICE TCSA Update – Reduced Services March 18, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE - TCSA Operational Update – Reduced Services - March 18, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the TCSA continues to adjust our operations. Our goal at this time is the ensure we have the right level of services in place to reserve and reallocate limited resources, protect vulnerable populations, and reduce unnecessary travel to reduce the potential for spread and exposure for our staff and the public. A complete list of modified or reduced services include:
- Non-essential medical travel to Alberta and within the NWT will be scaled down over the coming days.
- Travel for essential care and services will continue on a case-by-case basis.
- In person chronic disease appointments will be rescheduled to telephone appointments – you will be contacted by your local health center for any changes to your appointment(s).
- Scheduled appointments will be replaced with virtual appointments where possible – more info to follow.
- Specialist appointments delivered in communities throughout the NWT will be cancelled and replaced with virtual appointments where possible.
- Non-urgent and non-emergent endoscopy procedures will be cancelled throughout the territory.
- Sick notes will no longer be issued. Employers need to support public health efforts by allowing staff who are sick to stay home, and staff returning from travel to isolate, based on advice from the Chief Public Health Officer of the NWT.
Long Term and Continuing Care
- All elders day programs and special events are cancelled.
- All visitation to long-term care (Jimmy Erasmus Seniors Home) is restricted.
Child and Family Services
- No reduction in programs and services.
Mental Health and Addictions
- All group counselling sessions are cancelled.
- In-person appointments will be rescheduled to telephone appointments – you will be contacted by your counsellor for any changes to your appointment(s).
- Child and Youth Care (CYCC) Counselling services will be available by telephone – more info to follow
- All TCSA schools are closed for students through to end of Easter weekend.
- Learning materials will be provided after March Break – details to follow.
- Limited access to staff and students will be available on Monday March 23rd to access essential materials that were left at school before March Break – more info to follow.
- Weight rooms and other recreational spaces are closed, including 3rd party bookings.
- Oral health programs, normally delivered through schools, are cancelled.
- Community and school libraries are closed.
As the situation continues to evolve the TCSA will continue to complete overarching reviews of services. Announcements about service-wide cancellations will be made on our website, www.tlichocommunityservicesagency.ca, on the Tlicho Government website, www.tlicho.com, and on the TCSA, TG, and various School Facebook pages.
Please do not visit care sites unless required. If you have flu-like symptoms and need care or services, call ahead before arriving.
- Behchokǫ̀ Health Centre: 392-6075
- Whatı̀ Health Centre: 573-3261
- Gametı̀ Health Centre: 997-3141
- Wekweetı̀ Health Cabin: 713-2904
If you need immediate medical care please call 911.