National Non-Smoking Week
Clear the Air campaign encourages people to help their smoking friends and family quit for good. The campaign will be active January 15 – 31st.
There are three elements to the campaign:
- A photo gallery of images for sharing. Each image has a small amount of wording to encourage or congratulate others on quit attempts. The campaign encourages people to share these images with friends and family on social media. A sample is below:
- Daily Quit tip posts on the Helpline Facebook such as this one below. These can also be shared on social media.
- A contest: Participants will be entered into the contest draw for a FitBit if they share a story about the quitting journey in the comments on the Helpline Facebook page between January 15th 2018 and January 31, 2018.
It doesn’t have to be their own story. If people need inspiration they can start here:
- I quit smoking because….
- I am encouraging my mom to quit smoking by….
- I was finally able to quit when…
As usual, resources for quitting are available online at the NWTQuitline web page which has been changed up a bit for this campaign.