The Mobile Core Bathurst Caribou Management Zo  e exists as a wildlife management zone for
barren-ground caribou under the Wildlife Act.

You must not hunt caribou inside this yellow zone.
How do I find out the boundaries of the Mobile Zone?

What happens if I’m caught harvesting inside the Mobile Zone?

  • An officer will investigate the scene.
  • If the officer determines that the caribou may have been harvested illegally, they will seize the caribou meat.
  • The officer may ask for a voluntary statement from you for the investigation file.
  • The officer will write up a violation report, and after an investigation is under way, you will be told the next steps.
  • If the investigation indicates there has been an illegal harvest in the Mobile Zone, a charge will be laid and you will get a date for a court appearance.
  • If the officer seizes your meat and ENR is not able to store the meat until the court process is complete:
    • The officer will write up a disposition order to decide who will receive the meat.
    • You will receive notice that a disposition hearing is set with a Justice of the Peace.
    • You can state your case to keep the meat at the hearing. If it is decided you can’t keep it, the meat becomes the property of the GNWT.
    • The GNWT will then give the meat to a charitable organization.

Related News