Intergovernmental Meeting between Tłı̨chǫ Government and GNWT
YELLOWKNIFE (January 09, 2020) – Premier Caroline Cochrane, Minister Diane Thom, Minister R.J. Simpson, Minister Shane Thompson, Minister Caroline Wawzonek, and Minister Paulie Chinna met with the Tłı̨chǫ Government Grand Chief George Mackenzie, Chief Clifford Daniels, Chief David Wedawin, Chief Charlie Football, and Chief Alfonz Nitsiza in Yellowknife on Thursday, January 9, 2020.
- Tłı̨chǫ Government Priorities to Inform GNWT Mandate Setting
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and New NWT-wide Forums
- Caribou Management
- Housing in Tłı̨chǫ Communities
- Municipal and Community Affairs Working Group
- Special Funding for Municipal Emergency Services as a result of Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls National Inquiry Final Report
- The GNWT values and respects its relationship with the Tłı̨chǫ Government as the Treaty rights-holders and voice of the Tłı̨chǫ Nation.
The Tłı̨chǫ Government and the GNWT reaffirmed their commitment to working together, and with other co-management partners, to support conservation and recovery of the Bathurst and Bluenose-East barren-ground caribou herds.
Sr. Advisor, Sustainability and Resource Management
Tel: 867-766-4003 ext 1010
Government of the Northwest Territories
867-767-9140 ext. 11091