GNWT Labour Market Recovery Program
Three categories of support are available through the Labour Market Recovery Program Funding:
1. The Labour Market Recovery Wage Subsidy is intended to support employers recover from the COVID-19 pandemic impacts by providing funding for a wage subsidy to hire and retain staff. This subsidy enables employers impacted by COVID-19 to re-hire workers, help prevent further job losses, and support employers getting back into operations.
An employer is eligible for the subsidy if they were impacted by COVID-19, and had to: make adjustments to their workforce by laying-off or hiring new staff; repurpose part of their operations; or add new services to their operations. The wage subsidy can be funded to a maximum of 52 weeks in duration, retroactive from April 1, 2020.
Federal and territorial government agencies (including Crown Corporations) are not eligible employers under the Wage Subsidy. Employers can apply by contacting or visiting their local ECE Service Centre.
- Capacity building initiatives
- Development of training programs
- Employment creation
- Industry transition support
- Extension of service delivery
- Initiatives to fill gaps in service or help individuals find work.
3. The Labour Market Community Support is funding which can be used to hire local residents to address pandemic-related needs and support labour market recovery. ECE will be connecting with all 33 communities to provide the available funding.
Contact for the Tłı̨chǫ Region:
Behchoko - Nishi Khon Centre
Whati - Chief Jimmy Nitsiza Senior Office Building