July 17, 2019
CAMPFIRE AT WHITEBEACH POINT
The Tłı̨chǫ Government continues promoting and preserving language, culture and way of life through many opportunities to connect with the land of Mǫwhì Gogha Dè Nı̨ı̨tłèè. During the period of July 29 to Aug 2nd 2019, the Tłı̨chǫ Government will be running a camp with daily visits to K’ıchıı̀ (Whitebeach Point).
- We are inviting community members to travel to the site with Tłı̨chǫ Government’s organized boat trips and charters. Tłı̨chǫ Cıtızens choosing to travel in their own boats will be given gas assistance; meet at FC Services at 9:00-9:30AM. A DCLP Staff member will be there to help give boaters gas. We are encouraging all boaters to travel together. Please dress for the weather and travel safely. All are welcome.
- There will be a daily shuttle (CJBS Mini Bus) from Behchokǫ̀ to Frank Channel each day of the camp picking up interested participants at 9:30am and bringing them to Frank Channel before 10am on Jul 29-Aug 2, 2019.
- Motor boats will depart Frank Channel on July 29 to Aug 2/19 at 10am, returning after supper at about 6:00 pm (weather permitting).
- Two charters will be available on July 30, 2019 departing from two different locations: Yellowknife Air Tindi float base and Frank Channel at 10AM. Elders will get first priority on the charters. Seats are limited so please call Cecilia Ashton at 392-6381 ext. 1317 to register your seat for Behchoko Citizens and YK Tlicho Citizens please call Cecilia Chocolate at 867-766-4003 to register.
- While at K’ichii, participants will have the opportunity to take part in on the land activities such as checking the fish net, duck hunting, berry picking, moose hunting, sight seeing, hiking, etc.
All guests visiting the camp will NOT get paid, but will enjoy camp lunch & supper, take part in on the land activities and get to visit with Elders and hear the stories about this beautiful land.
All visitors must register by completing Waiver Forms prior to boarding a plane or boat.
If anyone has any further questions please contact Skye Ekendia at 867-392-6381 ext. 1365