Behchokǫ̀ - Stage 3 of the Returning to the Workplace plan
As of Monday November 22nd, Behchokǫ̀ will be moving into Stage 3 of the Returning to the Workplace plan. Therefore, joining Yellowknife, Gamètì, Whatì and Wekweètì who are also in Stage 3 of the Returning to the Workplace Plan as well.
This means that:
- Directors may identify additional staff, particularly those that support the delivery of programs and services, those who are preparing for Tłı̨chǫ Government offices to open to the public and those who will implement additional protocols to allow public access, to return to the workplace.
- Offices can open to the public but all precautionary measures must be in place and strictly followed.
- In-door, in person meetings of no more than 25 participants is allowed as long as social distancing measures can be maintained.
- Outdoor gatherings are permitted to a maximum of 50 people.
- Travel within the NWT may be approved by a Director however there must be a strong rationale for the travel and it must be demonstrated that the objectives of the travel could not be achieved by other means.
The Tłı̨chǫ Government continues to closely monitoring the situation and will provide updates as the situation unfolds.
Getting vaccinated and practicing the fundamentals is the best protection against the COVID-19 virus. Remember to:
- Use the self-screening tool prior to arriving at the office and monitor for symptoms
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Get tested for COVID-19 if you display symptoms
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently
- Cover your cough/sneeze
- Maintain physical distancing
For more public health information about COVID-19 please visit:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: Jannell Beadle at (867) 492-4878.