2018 Tłı̨chǫ Literacy Book Contest Winner
We are please to announce the 2018 Tłı̨chǫ Literacy Book Contest Winner to 13-year-old, Kyla Arrowmaker of Wekweètı̀.
Kyla’s book is entitled “Take A Kid Trapping”, following her journey trapping near Wekweètı̀. Kyla’s book was made into a colouring book “Take A Kid Trapping” based on her designed, will be printed and delivered to the schools in the Tłı̨chǫ Region.
We would like to thank all the Tłı̨chǫ citizens who participated in the Tłı̨chǫ Literacy Contest. All participants received a gift bag full of books and gift cards.
Tłı̨chǫ Literacy Contest was sponsored by Career Development and funded by ECE-GNWT. Supported by Client Services Department, and Department of Culture and Lands Protection.
The 2019 Tłı̨chǫ Literacy Contest theme is “Our Ancestor”, submission must include the use of the Tłı̨chǫ language. Client Services will be accepting entries starting September 01 until November 29th, 2019.
2019 Contest Rules:
- Entries per person – one submission per category.
- Tłı̨chǫ Application form must be completed (pages 1 & 2), including the GNWT Application (pages 4, 5 & 6).
- Artwork can be submitted by:
or in person to Jantanna Zoe with Client Services Department.
Mailed: C/O Jantanna Zoe, PO Box 412, Behchokǫ̀, NT X0E 0Y0
- Entries become property of the Tłı̨chǫ Government and will not be returned.
- A jury will judge the artwork and we will contact you if you win.
- We will announce the winner at the end of March and release the artwork to the public.
- Deadline submission is 4:00PM MST, November 29, 2019.
Please contact Jantanna Zoe at 867-392-6381 ext 1323 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to seeing your work!
For more information, please contact:
Manager of Career Development
Client Services Department
867-392-6381, Ext: 1339
or Email email@example.com