“My Why” social media campaign by Public Health Agency of Canada
The Public Health Agency of Canada is inviting you to please share online why you plan to get vaccinated (or already have) through the “My Why” social media campaign, by:
- Sharing your story on social media: tag Canadian Heritage on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and use the #MyWhy hashtag. Please see the attached PDF for more information.
- Adding a frame to your Facebook profile picture (if not already done): to help promote the importance of getting vaccinated to protect yourself and help fight COVID-19: “When it's my turn, I'll get the COVID-19 vaccine!” and “I got the COVID-19 vaccine!” (available in 14 languages). New – “I got my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine!” (available in English and French and soon to be available in 12 other languages).
We would also be grateful if, in addition to participating in the “My Why” campaign, you would help us amplify the following messages:
- How you/your community are protecting yourselves from the impacts of COVID-19 (e.g. wearing a mask, social distancing, staying at home, washing hands, using the COVID Alert app, advocating for safer workplaces, promoting vaccine equity, etc.)
- Fighting COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation (e.g. check sources, read beyond headlines, think before sharing, etc.)
Here are some resources prepared by Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. They have prepared a list of resources (videos, factsheets, and social media shareables) to assist communities in promoting vaccine confidence and obtaining critical information in a variety of languages regarding public health measures.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
Finally, we are asking you to act as an ambassador of the vaccine campaign by sharing the following documents/links with members of your communities:
- Virtual Event: Step-by-step guide to help organize and host a successful event. Presenting a virtual event is a good way to help people within your community make an informed decision about COVID-19 vaccination and public health measures.
- Infographic: Vaccine development and approval in Canada (available in 17 languages)
- Factsheet: The facts about COVID-19 vaccines (available in 17 languages)
- Ready-to-use Social Media Posts: COVID-19 vaccine information (available in 15 languages)
- Social Media Images: COVID-19 vaccine facts
- Video: COVID-19 vaccines - We can all help by getting vaccinated
- Video: How vaccines are developed
- Video: How do we know the COVID-19 vaccines are safe?
- Video: How are the COVID-19 vaccines being monitored for safety?
- Video Series: Vaccines & You (available in 17 languages)
Public Health Measures Resources:
- Video: There are some things you just don't do halfway
- Infographic: Going out safely during COVID-19 (available in 25 languages)
- Infographic: How to make your mask fit properly
- Infographic: Reduce the spread of COVID-19: Wash your hands (available in 33 languages)
- Web Content: Safety advice to reduce your risk and help prevent the spread of COVID-19 during holidays and celebrations
If you or community members are looking for more resources regarding a specific topic, please use the COVID-19 Awareness Toolkit for a larger list of COVID-19 resources currently available online.
Please note that COVID-19 resource products are also available in languages beyond English and French. Check out the COVID-19 Awareness resource page for multilingual resources.