Skills and Partnership Finding (SPF)
The following provides a list of courses that are intended to be delivered through Tłı̨chǫ Government under the Skills and Partnership Finding (SPF) Agreement between October 2018 and March 2021.
More details, including dates and locations will be made available as soon as possible.
Training Courses under the SPF
- Agriculture and Natural Economy
- Building and Trades Helper
- Commercial Camp Cook and Services
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Housing Maintainer Training
- Multiplex Recreation Coordination & Facility Maintenance
- Northern leadership Development Program
- Small Equipment Certificates
- Regional Trades Program
- Traditional Sewing and Crafts
- Wilderness Safety Training
- Wilderness Safety/Environmental Monitoring Program
- Woodlot Harvest and Maintenance
- Woodstove Installation
A Complete Application must be submitted prior to posted deadline for the related program.
Candidate Selection Criteria
These programs are made possible through an agreement with the Government of Canada that outlines objectives and a target Participation group. Student selection will be based on the information provided on application forms. A weighted scoring system will be used to determine student eligibility. Applicant responses to the question below as well as other consideration will be used to make student selections.
- Are you a Tlicho Citizen/Resident?
- Are you a Tlicho Youth (under 30)?
- Do you identify as Female?
- Do you identify as Indigenous?
- Are you currently employed?
It is important to note that some courses are being provided in partnership with ASETS which has different objectives and target Participation group. Due to high numbers of applicants staff will only contact those selected to participate in a program/course.
Those who are selected and agree to participate as student through this program are expected to sign a Student Acknowledgement between themselves and the Tlicho Government. This shows their commitment to the community, the program, roles and responsibilities. This will also serve as a way of making people accountable and outlines that payments are based on attendance.
Please contact your local Career Coach.