Employment Opportunity - Tlicho Imbe Program - Assistant Program Manager
2014 Tłı̨chǫ Įmbè Program
Position: Assistant Program Manager
Community: All communities
Summer Employment: April 28 – August 22, 2014
Closing Date: February 21st, 2014
The Tłįchǫ Į̨mbè Program Assistant Program Manager will work closely with the Program Manager in all aspects of Developing, Planning, Promoting, Implementing and Evaluating the 2014 Tłįchǫ Į̨mbè Program. This job will include travel to all communities and may include participation in a canoe trip and or other on the land activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Program Manager in all aspects of planning, running and evaluation the Tłı̨chǫ Įmbè Program including:
- Program Promotion and Recruitment
- Development of Schedules, Budgets and Program Ideas
- Helping run a four week orientation program
- Logistical Planning (booking flights, accommodations and facilities)
- Organizing and supporting Elders to teach traditional skills
- Providing leadership and program support to Group Leaders in all communities
- Evaluating programs and writing evaluation reports
- Performing other related duties as directed
- Set a positive example through behaviour and actions.
- Be flexible as duties and responsibilities will change throughout the summer.
- Spend time on the land and be open to hands on learning.
- Be able to travel to other communities to offer support to groups throughout the summer.
Eligibility: Priority will be given to applicants currently enrolled in, or registered to attend a recognized post-secondary institution, and be returning to, or beginning full time studies in the fall. Previous experience in the Tłįchǫ Į̨mbè Program is an asset. The ability to use the English and Tłįchǫ language is also an asset. Successful candidates will need to submit a valid Criminal Record Check.
Submit applications to:
Attention: Human Resources Director
Box 412, Behchoko, NT X0E 0Y0
Fax: 867-392-6862, email: hr[at]tlicho[dot]com
For more information, please go to www.tlicho.ca
- Please email questions to pauldcressman[at]gmail[dot]com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.